Welcome to the 14th episode of The Let’s Reach Success Podcast. Today I’ll talk about letting go of past and future (where we spend a lot of time, unfortunately) so that we can come back to the present moment and start living life to the fullest again.
In an earlier episode I introduced you to a new project I’m working on called the Year of Less. It’s about eliminating the unnecessary in our life so that we can focus more on what’s important. Over the course of the year, I’ll talk about 1 such thing in the beginning of every month. In January it was toxic people, and how exactly to deal with them.
Today, it’s about getting back to the present by letting go of past and future thoughts.
Here is something I know for sure that I keep repeating to myself
“Yesterday is gone. I’ve done my best and there’s nothing else I can do about it. So I let it go.
Tomorrow is uncertain, I have no idea what’s going to happen and it shouldn’t bother me now because it’s going to be the best thing that can happen. But until then, I don’t need to worry about that.
And here I am now, having the whole day in front of me. It is the only thing that matters. Today I can do the best I can, work on my goals, smile as much as possible, be grateful, appreciate things and be mindful.
And it all starts from this moment. It’s the only thing I can control, so I choose to grab it and make the best of it.”
Now let’s learn how to let go of what was and what will be so that we can embrace this beautiful moment and make peace with it.
After all, life is a series of such moments. And making each one matter means living a great life of fulfillment, happiness, gratitude and purpose.
- The 3 places where we choose to live life and which one is the best [0:53]
- One of the most common but ridiculous self-destructive human habits [2:28]
- What makes life hard (and what to do about it) [4:05]
- Why it’s important to let go of the past [4:57]
- How dwelling on the past hurts us [6:39]
- How to let go of it and be present [9:02]
- The main difference between happiness and success and what it takes to have each [11:32]
- Why plans and goals are bad for us[12:40]
- The Year of Less
- The episode about toxic people
- Going with the flow
- Letting go of past and future
- How to forgive
- Live freely and happily
- Stop expecting
- The power of the present moment
- Leo Babauta
- His book, The Effortless Life
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Top 8 Apps to Help You Overcome Stress and Anxiety - September 19, 2017
- 6 Corporate Gifts Your Clients Will Love This Christmas - September 19, 2017
- 5 Things You’re Doing That Make Your Back Pain Worse - September 18, 2017