Some time ago I realized something really important. Simple, and yet so powerful, that it completely changed the way I see things.
I understood that I am responsible for everything in my life. That in each moment I choose whether to be happy or not. And that with every decision of mine I can change the outcome.
The thing is, the happy, simple and stress-free life we’re all wishing for is out there, waiting for us to start living it.
Here are some things I’m working on that can help anyone be more satisfied, live freely and easily, reach peace and feel joy.
You’ll find most of the statements too obvious as it’s stuff we should all be doing. But the truth is that we’re not doing it no matter how easy it is.
Instead, we’ve decided to complicate our lives and stick to that.
But I don’t need to follow the crowd. I choose to be happy. You can too.
Here they are:
- When people don’t like you, accept it. There’s nothing you can do. And whoever you become, there will always be someone to disapprove and disagree. As long as you’re okay with yourself and have people who support you, you’re alright.
- If you like someone, tell him. Even if he doesn’t like you, you don’t lose anything.
- The future is uncertain. Stop trying to predict it.
- Whatever has happened, learn from it and move on. There’s no place for your past in your present.
- If you make a mistake, don’t feel bad, lose hope or analyze it too much. Now you know what not to do and can try again. All successful people have been there.
- If you don’t like something, get rid of it.
- If you don’t like your job, quit and find something else.
- If you’re in doubt, just choose one of the options and try to make the best of it. Whatever happens, you’ll know you’ve tried.
- Stop comparing yourself and your life to those of others. It makes you feel awful and is never true as everyone is at a different level, dealing with different stuff and nothing is as it seems.
- If you want something, now is the right time to do it.
- You don’t need others to believe in yourself, actually you don’t need any help. All you have to do is see yourself for the amazing being you are with all those abilities, powers and potential you have. And do something about it.
- No regrets.
- The only thing that matters is the present moment. Enjoy it, or you’re missing out on what’s important.
- If you find someone special, try to make things work out.
- Don’t pretend to be someone else. It makes things too hard and never ends good. Embrace who you are and appreciate yourself.
- Choose to focus on the things you have. The rest will fall into place.
- You don’t need to change things. They are perfect just the way they are.
- If you want to cry, let your feelings out.
- If someone doesn’t appreciate you, take it as a sign from the universe that you shouldn’t waste any time on him.
- Better things are coming.
- The right person is out there.
- If you think about something every day, don’t give up on it. It’s worth it.
- There’s always an easier, simpler and faster way to do what you want to do. Find it.
- Wake up and thank for the day. That will make you appreciate it more and start it with a smile.
- Instead of trying to guess what someone else thinks of you, what his plans are or else, just ask him.
- If you don’t like the book you’ve just started, leave it. Life is too short for bad books.
- Don’t try to change people. Accept them as they are.
- Living life is easy. Thinking about it too much makes it hard, though.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about your accomplishments.
- Divide your big goals into tiny steps. And start acting on them now.
These are just some of the things we should start or stop doing that will transform our lives.
There are many more.
But once you get used to choosing less over more, being happy over not being satisfied and simple over complicated, you’ll develop such an attitude towards life. And soon all your decisions will be taking you to the right direction.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Corporate Confidence: A Grandiose Guide to Business Events - February 27, 2017
- Patient Handling In Hospitals: Urgent Training Required - February 27, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Cold Showers Will Make You More Successful - February 27, 2017