No matter what you do or say, however you perform and regardless of the results, there will always be someone to disagree with you.
People will tell you what you did wrong, why that happened and what you should do next time. They want you to listen to them and do it their way.
The moment people see that someone takes control over his life, does something other than the ordinary, tries new things and works on his goals, they interfere.
They judge, ask, try to “help”, give advice and tips.
They never mind their own business, and that’s why they never move forward in life.
And they won’t stop doing it unless you stop listening to them.
By living by other people’s standards and following the crowd, you won’t succeed in life.
Moreover, you’ll be an average person who is going to live with the regret of not becoming who he could have become.
I say ignore conventional wisdom. Play by your rules and do things the way you like them.
- that will make you an individual;
- rules are someone else’s vision of how things must be, and it doesn’t mean it’s the right way;
- you have your own potential and unique qualities, and by combining them, you can do great things.
But that will only happen if at each moment you listen to yourself and do what feels right. The world deserves to see what you’re capable of;
- your legacy consists of what you yourself did;
- it’s your life, your game, your chance to shine;
- it means you stayed true to yourself;
- it’s better to fail after doing things your way and learn from it;
- it will only matter if you do it your way, because that’s when you feel motivated and passionate and it’s all worth it. Only then do you put any meaning and efforts into what you do;
- imitating others means you don’t have your own opinion.
Now, I’m not saying don’t listen to others at all. We should all listen to our parents, respect other people’s point of view, take advice from those who’ve already succeeded and learn from their mistakes. But that’s it.
Don’t live by someone else’s master plan and standards, don’t become a part of the crowd by following the traditional path.
Find your way. Only this can take you to your dreams.
After all, no one else knows what steps you’re meant to take. And only you can walk that road.
Only then will you feel worthwhile, will you know you’ve done your best. And there won’t be any regrets even if you fail, because you’ll know you did it your way.
Forget what is considered right or wrong, and what society thinks should work.
Get out there and play by your rules!
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.
Pope Paul VI