Getting up early and having a morning routine every day is one of the best things you can learn to do in your life.
It’s not a coincidence that all successful people have always done it. The benefits are tremendous.
And it’s not really for everyone, many of those who try soon give up. It takes ambition and purpose to start doing it, from then on – consistency, willpower and motivation.
You need to be patient and responsible if you want to lead a lifestyle like that. But all that happens over time.
The best way is to change one thing at a time, focus on just doing the action for the day, not to be distracted by other new behaviors you’re trying to adopt, and to always keep in mind why you do it.
But sometimes, even after people get used to getting up early and they have all that time for themselves that they never had before, they wonder how to fill it.
Or maybe you’ve been reading so much about how successful people spend their mornings, that you feel overwhelmed and don’t know where to start.
Well, you’re already on the right track.
Now you need to choose a few morning habits to add to your morning routine.
The truth is that it doesn’t really matter how many of them you’ll do, which one will come first, or whether or not you’ll dedicate them a lot of time. Your only job is to do the same thing tomorrow, and the day after that.
Try different variations, combine a few of the following mini habits and see what you enjoy the most, what makes you most productive and what boosts your energy and kickstarts your day.
It’s important to try a few things first and see what works best for you.
So here are some of the best things you can add to your morning routine that can give you great results:
Morning Habits for a Successful Start of The Day
1. journal your thoughts;
2. plan out your day;
3. define 3 most important tasks;
4. break them down into smaller ones so that you can start with the first right after your morning routine;
5. read a passage or two of something motivational;
7. make your bed;
8. cleanse your face;
9. brush your teeth;
10. use mouthwash;
13. have a quick workout;
14. drink a glass of water with lemon;
15. listen to music;
16. write down a few things you’re grateful for;
17. have your goals written and read them out loud;
18. say some positive affirmations in the mirror;
19. take your vitamins;
20. go for a jog;
21. take a cold shower;
22. read a powerful quote;
23. have a healthy breakfast;
24. let some fresh air in your room;
25. watch an inspirational video;
26. breathe deeply;
27. get excited about the things you can achieve today;
28. ask yourself “If I get one thing done today that will make me feel accomplished in the evening, what would it be?”;
29. read fiction;
30. drink tea;
31. track your sleep – write down the time you went to bed, how many hours you slept and when you woke up;
32. write down 3 things that will make today great;
33. visualize your ideal lifestyle;
34. read your favorite blog;
35. write a blog post;
36. stop and reflect.
Most of these take no longer than a few minutes. But finding the willpower to do them daily is what will get you ahead of other people.
And by the time they get up, you’ll have done a lot for your personal development.
Choose a few morning habits that will let you work on yourself mentally, physically and spiritually. And you’ll see improvement in every area of your life.
So how do you spend your mornings? Do you find time for any of these mini habits?