If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.
I’m a strong believer in the power of habits.
It’s what we do every single day that creates our reality and shapes who we are.
But people tend to underestimate the tiny actions they do repeatedly. When, in fact, they’re the reason for their success, or the lack of it.
Mini habits are the foundation of progress. It takes consistency, of course, but the results can be tremendous once you dedicate yourself to taking this little action that takes no more than 5 minutes.
So here are 25 examples of such habits. They’re all healthy, successful, productive and positive.
You can’t really believe in this system if you don’t try it out for yourself.
So I urge you to choose just one of the following actions and do it for some time.
And if you manage to make it a permanent part of your daily life, you’ll see changes that even hard work can’t achieve. Because in this case you’ll be combining the power of habits and consistency.
Also, you’ll be increasing your willpower without even realizing. Doing this small action takes little effort, and almost no time. But you still need to do it. And over time, you’ll be building your willpower muscle. And soon it will be easier for you to form more habits like that.
So here are the best mini habits you can develop (do each for 2-5 minutes, but do it daily):
3. Visualizing your goal achieved.
4. Reviewing your goals.
5. Planning your day.
6. Defining 3 most important tasks.
11. Looking at your vision board.
12. Reading a few motivational quotes.
13. Breathing deeply.
14. Thinking of 5 things you’re grateful for.
15. Drinking a glass of water with lemon.
16. Getting rid of one thing you haven’t used in months.
18. Cleansing and moisturizing your face in the morning and before bed.
19. Breaking a task or project into smaller ones so that it’s easier to start.
20. Being present – stop, look around, notice things and breathe deeply.
21. Taking vitamins.
22. Tracking you sleep.
23. Writing down 3 things that will make your day great.
24. Taking a cold shower.
25. Making a to-do list for tomorrow tonight.
Nothing difficult, right?
Well, that’s what mini habits are all about – doing it once a day, without effort, and just for a minute or a few.
Which one of these do you fancy the most?
How simple mini habits can change your life
25 tiny habits that could totally change your life
60 small ways to improve your life in the next 100 days
3 tiny habits that will transform your daily routine
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Corporate Confidence: A Grandiose Guide to Business Events - February 27, 2017
- Patient Handling In Hospitals: Urgent Training Required - February 27, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Cold Showers Will Make You More Successful - February 27, 2017