Success comes to those who become success conscious. Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious. – Napoleon Hill
Decisions can be powerful.
There have been a few times in my life so far that I’ve taken serious decisions and they remain so until today.
I remember, for instance, when one day – 8 years ago – I said to myself that I wasn’t going to eat meat anymore.
To be honest, I hadn’t even realized what power I had over my mind at that moment until a whole year was gone and I knew it was a permanent change in my life.
I want everyone to realize that no one has the right to influence your consciousness but you.
Where you are now, what you have and who you’ve become, is a result of every single decision you’ve taken in your life. If you’re not satisfied with the situation, maybe it’s because of the many times you didn’t take any initiative, let other people or circumstances take care of things and just chose the easy way – to be neutral and not to take any action.
Well, let it go and move on. It’s time for a change now.
Change is good. It means you’re moving forward and doing something with your life. Most people choose to remain in their comfort zone and refuse to change. But not you.
Taking The Decision to Change: A Crucial Step on Your Way to Success
Everything starts at that point – where you feel unsatisfied with your current job position, life, relationship, financial status, body, spiritual state or else and want to do something to change that.
Even doing only this puts you a few steps ahead of those who are afraid to even confess to themselves that they don’t like the life they are living.
So congrats! You just took one of the most important decisions in your life and the best thing is that it leads to beautiful changes and self-improvement.
The simple fact that you’re reading this post right now means that there is that little thing you want to improve in yourself, that big secret you’re looking for, that person you want to help, or else.
Now, to make things even better for you, let’s add some optimism, determination and belief. Let’s decide to change for the better, and even more – let’s decide to succeed.
It’s crucial to realize that you can control your thoughts. You are the only one who decides what goes in and out of your mind.
If you are sad and depressed, that means you’ve let negative thoughts in your head. If you are happy and enthusiastic, then you’ve done the right thing and have let positivity inside.
Napoleon Hill makes a great point with the following:
“The subconscious mind, (the chemical laboratory in which all thought impulses are combined, are made ready for reality), makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thought impulses.”
It’s up to you to choose the constructive ones.
The problem is that if we don’t control our mind, it starts to reflect the things around us. That means that if you are surrounded by problems and negative people, that is what will be in your head too.
Remember that happiness is not what is around us, what we have or who we are with, but how we see and react to those things. Whatever the situation is, your attitude defines whether you’ll be smiling or crying.
Change Your Current Way of Thinking
Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.
Take some time to analyze your thoughts.
Track them throughout the day and then examine them. This will give you a hint whether you’re on the right track. You can be surprised to see how many unnecessary and negative thoughts you have.
When you have made a list and know what the problem is in each area, you are able to correct the mistakes and program your consciousness to be positive.
This change from one way of thinking (negative, which is more common) to another (positive) may not be easy. If you are used to complaining all the time, blaming others for your mistakes and seeing the problem in everything, it will take some time to start seeing opportunities instead and take responsibility for your actions.
Like many other things we do daily, positive thinking is also a habit. You need to make some effort for at least two weeks and ignore negative thoughts to embrace the positive ones. After some time the mind itself will start choosing the good ones.
5 Easy Ways to Turn Negative Thoughts into Positive Ones
• When a negative thought pops up in your mind, you immediately ignore it. You don’t analyze it, you don’t ask questions and don’t feed it by focusing on it.
• Label it. When the negative guest comes, just realize that you’ve been influenced by a bad statement. Remind yourself that it’s not the right thing and let it go.
• Such thoughts affect us only if we let them. So whenever you start being emotional, thinking about them or trying to resist them, it means you are reacting to them in some way. And that itself strengthens them. So choose not to react and concentrate your mind on something else.
• Exaggerate them. Add absurd situations and consequences of this thought so that it becomes funny and ridiculous.
A great way to realize that this negative statement is pointless, is to imagine the worst scenario possible.
• Use the contrary one. Whatever the negative thought says, reply with its positive equivalent.
Becoming Success Conscious
Being conscious means being alive – feeling that you exist as a spiritual being. It is your essence and defines who you are.
Being success conscious means:
• taking the decision to succeed;
• focusing on success;
• being absolutely sure that it will happen;
• believing and having faith in that;
• not using negative words (like failure, problem, can’t, impossible and so on);
• adding positive ones to your vocabulary (success, opportunity, can, possible).
Such state of mind requires you to be certain that you’ll succeed and even see yourself having your goals achieved, regardless of your current situation.
Focusing on Success
Here are some ways to do that:
• have positive affirmations to repeat to yourself in the morning and before you go to bed (and also when you feel in doubt or lack confidence);
• concentrate on your strengths and past successes;
• take control of your thoughts;
• ignore anything that is negative or in some way prevents you from your goals;
• breathe deeply;
• be patient;
• make this a habit;
• combine it with meditation.
Thoughts become things and you control your thoughts. What you think of most of the time, becomes the world around you – your life.
So if you concentrate on the positive thoughts only, if you surround yourself with success conscious people and talk with them about new ideas and ways to succeed, if you are free of fear and doubt and let no distractions from the everyday life direct your thoughts, then you are sure to achieve all your desires.
It’s a great day to go after your dreams and believe they’re possible.
So why not decide to succeed today?