Welcome to the second episode of The Let’s Reach Success Podcast. It’s divided into 3 sections:
1. I talk about the things that get in the way of achieving our goals;
2. I list the main qualities of goal-oriented people and what they do differently that helps them see progress;
3. I share with you my 10-step process to turning dreams into goals.
- Something important I realized some time ago [0:52]
- 9 things we do wrong when it comes to setting and achieving goals [3:20]
- Characteristics of people with goals [9:15]
- Practical steps to get from dreaming to setting goals [13:10]
- Introduction to the LRS podcast
- Our time here is limited
- Defining what you don’t want in life
- I don’t share my goals with others. Here’s why.
- 10 steps to stop wishing and start acting
- Take action now
- Take small steps instead of big ones
- Staying consistent
- Love the work you do (part one and two)
- Wake up early
- Location independence
- Calculating how much you’ll need for your ideal lifestyle
- Remove toxic people
Top 10 quotes from the episode:
“Failure is a precious gift. It’s an inevitable step on your way to success, and a step you need to take more than once.”
“Now is the best time to do what you want, any other time will be too late.”
“The best cure for procrastination is to start doing something immediately, without thinking and giving your mind time to come up with excuses. Without doubting your abilities and fearing failure.”
“You don’t get what you want, or what you think you deserve.
Instead, you get exactly what you work for, what you focus on, what you take action upon every single day”
“Successful people with goals accept each new day as another opportunity to make the best of it, to become a little better, to improve areas in their life, to work harder, and to move forward.”
“People will always have something to judge you on, something to disagree with. So let them do it.”
“There’s always a smarter, faster, easier and simpler way to do anything. You just need to try out different versions and see what’s best for you.”
“To fall in love with what you do is a great thing. It helps you work many hours every day without feeling exhausted.“
“Successful mindset, good habits and consistency is what can give you the life you’re dreaming about. Don’t let it slip away.”
“Dreams are too vague. That’s why they often sound impossible. And that’s why we get discouraged from the start.”
Update on my progress
So that’s the second time I’m recording anything and editing audio. I changed the intro, at least the words I say and my intonation. I like it better now.
The content I share here is more and the podcast episode is almost 20 minutes. That’s something.
As for the way I speak, last time I was either monotone, or overdid it in my desire to sound natural and still have excitement in my voice to keep the listener engaged. Now, I’m just monotone but less often. So that’s progress.
I’m positive about this and think there will be more improvement soon.
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
And as I’m just beginning, if you have any advice on how I can sound better, improve the sound, change the sections, or anything else, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll help a lot.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- 6 Habits Before Bedtime We Must Adopt To Be Successful - February 24, 2017
- LRS 066: On Traveling, Personal Growth and Why I Choose to Spend The Next 5 Weeks in Thailand - February 24, 2017
- 6 Tips to Writing a Successful Life Plan in 5 Easy Steps - February 22, 2017