What do Hemingway, Steve Jobs and Donald Trump have in common? Well, it definitely isn’t sleeping in.
Today’s show is dedicated to getting up early – one of the most successful habits, and the things we struggle with the most. You can hear me discuss why we make excuses, what makes us go to bed late and why we say we’re not morning people. I’ll also share the actual benefits of starting your day in the early hours, and some easy techniques on how to get out of bed in the morning.
- The 2 types of people [1:20]
- Why we go to bed late and how that prevents us from getting up early [1:45]
- The myth of the night owl (and my struggles with rising early in the past) [2:50]
- The benefits of waking up before dawn [5:10]
- Tips on how to leave bed right after the first alarm goes off [10:20]
- Successful people who wake up early
- Night owls
- Early birds
- Connection between rising early and success and productivity
- We need less than 8 hours of sleep
- Creating a peaceful coffee ritual
- Writing in the morning
- Creating a great morning routine
- Building character by getting up early
- Start your day with a purpose
Benefits of getting up early
1. You’ll have enough time for everything.
2. You’ll drink your coffee in peace.
3. You can do some creative work.
4. It’s time for yourself.
5. Getting things done.
6. Organizing your day in the early hours.
7. Creating a morning ritual.
8. Increasing willpower.
9. Having time to work out.
10. Preparing a healthy breakfast.
7 Steps to Get Out of Bed Right Away
1. Put your alarm clock away from your bed.
2. Do something immediately.
3. Have something to look forward to.
4. Get enough sleep.
5. Accept it as a challenge to wake up right away.
6. Don’t lie in bed for ‘just 5 more minutes’.
7. Know your why.
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.