We are all trying to get more of everything in life. And when we do, the desire increases and we want even more. This way satisfaction never comes and we become greedy creatures looking for ways to satisfy our needs.
But more is not the answer. Less is.
We try so hard to achieve more, be better, have more of certain feelings and qualities, possess stuff, bring more people into our life, have more things to do, speak more and get information all the time.
But we never actually experience any of that. And this makes it pointless.
That’s because of complexity. We’re overburdened. We can’t breathe freely, or slow down, or enjoy one thing at a time.
The solution lies in simplicity.
Regardless of where you are in your life now, what you have and where you’re going, you need more simplicity.
Instead of adding, you need to exclude. And instead of keeping things and holding onto people, memories and ideals, you need to let go.
That’s why I created the year of less and will be working on it and creating content on that topic each month during 2016.
So why do I choose less over more?
Less is better, and most of the times it is more. Simplicity is the origin of a happy, balanced and contented life.
This lifestyle is a choice, though. Everyone can have it but no matter how simple it may sound many will find it hard because of the complex daily life we have – with so many tasks, information, communication, technology, things to do, eat, buy, and so on.
I believe that you can feel the benefits and freedom of minimalism only if you try it and see the actual results and changes in you, your habits, actions and thoughts.
So I suggest you give it a try and decide for yourself whether it’s better that way.
Listen to the episode to learn more about the 12 things to eliminate that I’ll discuss over the next 12 months.
- The new thing I’m working on [0:20]
- Why I chose the topic of simplicity [1:20]
- What’s The Year of Less and my vision for it [2:20]
- Why less is better than more [3:08]
- The 12 things to eliminate and do less of for a simpler and happier life [4:35]
- Minimalism and simplicity
- Less over more
- Toxic people
- Letting go of past and future
- Living in the present moment
- Too many possessions
- Stop expecting
12 Things to Eliminate and Stop Doing
1. Toxic people
2. Past and future thoughts
3. Unproductive activities and unimportant tasks
6. Excess belongings
8. Being in a hurry
11. Seeking happiness in outer sources
12. Anger and fear
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- 5 Tips for Avoiding the Potential Pitfalls of Online Business - February 20, 2017
- 12 Easy Steps Towards a Simpler Life [Infographic] - February 19, 2017
- 5 Ways to Get More Work Done without Increasing Your Working Hours - February 18, 2017