Welcome to the 18th episode of the Let’s Reach Success podcast. In today’s show you’ll learn how to prioritize so that you can stop doing unproductive and unimportant activities and tasks and focus on what truly matters.
In the beginning of 2016 I introduced you to a new project called the Year of Less. It’s about eliminating the unnecessary in our life so that we can focus on the essentials. Since then, I’ve been talking about 1 such thing every month.
In January it was toxic people, and how exactly to deal with them. In February, I talked about letting go of the past and future so that we can come back to the present moment and live life more mindfully.
Today, it’s about leaving behind anything non-essential you’re doing so that you can get done the important stuff that will actually make a difference and give you results. You’ll learn how to start prioritizing, which seems to be a super important skill these days with the countless distractions around us.
It has been my observation that most people don’t know how to prioritize.
But that doesn’t come as a surprise. You’re probably busy doing so many things, end up multitasking or even jumping from one goal to another. That leads to lack of focus and you often do things that don’t really need to be done.
Let me help you with that.
Once you know how to prioritize, you’ll be able to get rid of anything that doesn’t get you any closer to your dreams.
This way you’ll have the time to concentrate on what truly matters.
Life is too short for things that seem urgent, can be done by someone else, are unproductive and not getting you closer to your goals.
So prioritize – eliminate them and replace them with super productive focused work on tasks that are meaningful and have potential.
Check out today’s episode to learn more.
- What does it mean to prioritize [1:29]
- 3 ways to benefit from prioritizing [2:09]
- How to define what’s most important [3:12]
- An example from my personal life of how setting priorities straight works [7:00]
- How to always keep your priorities in mind and thus take better decisions [8:29]
- How every choice you make today affects your tomorrow [9:07]
- The Year of Less
- The episode on dealing with toxic people
- The one on how to let go of the past and future
- Choose to be happy
Quotes from the episode:
It’s what we consider essential and focus on every day that shapes our identity and future.
When asked to do something you’re not sure you should do,ask yourself whether it makes you happy and act upon the answer.
There are more meaningful things out there you should be doing, and better people you should be spending your time with.
Getting Started with Prioritizing
- Self-evaluation – analyzing what you’re currently doing and how you’re spending your time.
- Get better at time management
- Focus on what matters
How to Prioritize: Choosing What to Focus On
What’s really important to you is what you’ve always wanted. Your true desires don’t just go away, no! They stay inside of you, always reminding you of who you could have been if you’d started working on the things you believe in.
Make a step-by-step plan of your life goals. Break them down into manageable tasks that you can do daily. Make them easy and fast. This way you’ll know what exactly you should do each day to achieve what you want.
- the things you enjoy doing and which make you happy
In the rush of the day we often forget that we have the right to do only stuff we enjoy.
- important relationships
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Corporate Confidence: A Grandiose Guide to Business Events - February 27, 2017
- Patient Handling In Hospitals: Urgent Training Required - February 27, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Cold Showers Will Make You More Successful - February 27, 2017