In today’s episode of the Let’s Reach Success Podcast I’ll talk about ways to fall asleep instantly when in bed, instead of overthinking your day and whole life for hours, or doing your bad habits and keeping your brain activated long after bedtime.
Together with that, the lifestyle and mindset changes I’ll discuss will improve the quality of your sleep, and thus your overall well-being and performance.
I’m sure you’re tired of going to bed too late and not being able to fall asleep fast, of waking up many times at night, not getting your 8 hours, and – as a result – waking up in a bad mood and starting the day drained.
Sleep is something I’ve been covering on the blog lately. It’s a key area of our personal development, of course, but I started hacking it just recently.
Last week, I published an actionable book on the topic with everything I found to work best.
So, without further ado, let’s talk about how to fall asleep instantly at night and sleep like a baby:
- The very first step to having a better sleep [1:30]
- An awful habit we share that doesn’t let us fall asleep instantly [3:13]
- The best replacement for using devices before bed [4:10]
- Things to stop doing in the evening for a good night’s sleep [4:37]
- When to do your workout so that it doesn’t interfere with your sleep [5:46]
- The purpose of an evening routine and what to include in it [6:58]
- The ‘get up and do something’ technique for falling asleep quickly [9:06]
- A muscle relaxation exercise [9:40]
- What changes to make to your bedroom to make it sleep-friendly [10:26]
- How to Fall Asleep Fast, Sleep Better and Wake Up Happy [Book]
- Evening routines
- Benefits of Journaling
- Ear plugs
- Sleep mask
- Blackout curtains
- Get up earlier tomorrow.
- Have a fixed hour for going to bed and waking up.
- Don’t nap during the day.
- Don’t go to bed earlier just because you’re sleepy. Do something else instead.
- Track things. Write down everything you do for a few days and then analyze the results.
- Unplug an hour or 2 before bed.
- Read a book instead.
- Avoid caffeine in the second part of the day.
- Don’t go to bed on a full or empty stomach.
- Have a light snack 45-60 minutes before bed (a banana, milk or a small bowl of cereal will do).
- Exercise in the morning, not at night.
- Don’t get too emotional or excited prior to bedtime.
- Create a relaxing evening ritual.
- If you really can’t fall asleep, get up and do something.
- Try progressive muscle relaxation
- Use a sleep mask and ear plugs to eliminate light and noise.
- Choose soft sheets.
- Replace your mattress, pillow and bedding for better ones.
You Might Also Like:
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
What other ways to fall asleep instantly have you tried?