The following article is a guest post.
Global pharmaceutical giant Bayer announced that it engaged a short list of digital advertising and marketing firms for its Customer Care division.
After competitive review of top digital creative, mobile and Internet websites, Bayer announced that iCrossing, a Hearst company, will create digital content for Bayer’s analgesics, cough, cold, and foot care products. iCrossing is a leader in the digital marketing space, successfully navigating the landscape for almost 20 years.
According to Advertising Age, Bayer spends about USD 500 M on marketing and advertising each year. Proposal requests were sent out by Bayer to prospective digital agencies as part of the competitive evaluation. Bayer confirmed its recent appointments to the press.
In 2014, Bayer spent about USD 1.09 B in U.S. advertising programs to promote Aleve, Alka-Seltzer, Claritin, and Dr. Scholl’s products to American consumers.
Agency Search Partner
New York-based Avidan Strategies conducted the search in Bayer’s mobile and digital “bake-off. VML, a global digital marketing and advertising firm, and OgilvyOne, a self-billed global customer engagement firm that’s part of Ogilvy & Mather, competed in the mix.
Bidding agencies in the competitive review process simultaneously evaluate competitors’ digital campaigns in order to evaluate their strategies. Winning agencies successfully determined Bayer’s competitive universe and analyzed strengths and weaknesses of competing products and services offered.
Agencies in the contest also considered Bayer’s competitive marketing plans. Both defensive and offensive marketing strategies were evaluated as part of the process.
Crossover from Traditional Advertising
According to Forrester Research, more traditional advertisers like Bayer are ramping up digital and mobile content and reassessing website designs to ensure a positive user experience. Forrester previously predicted that major advertisers would cross-over from traditional media like television to online media.
Although many marketers have included digital advertising as part of their total strategy in the past 20 years, it’s more competitive today. Marketers must consider multiple rich media formats including video. Consumers are more attracted to interactive and video formats than previous text and/or image banners of the past. Multiple devices used by many consumers must be considered as part of the marketer’s overall digital advertising strategy.
Transformation to Digital Creative
More consumers go online to buy what they need. Younger consumers are more likely to shun traditional TV and cable advertising networks. These consumers often prefer to use a computer or tablet in place of the once ubiquitous television set. In this marketing environment, more marketing organizations evaluate how to best reach these consumers in the digital world.
Since more consumers also get news and information they need to make buying decisions, pharmaceutical companies like Bayer Consumer Care user digital creative, mobile apps, and easy-to-use websites to reach current and prospective buyers.
More mainstream consumer advertisers like Bayer want to take advantage of the most current digital advertising trends, including:
• The continuing explosion of mobile marketing: mobile continues to outpace desktop advertising revenues. Younger advertisers use a mobile device while shopping in a store and make more purchases online. Internet advertising revenues reached USD 60 B (2015), a greater than 20 percent uptick over 2014.
• Mobile marketers must consider new consumer rules. For instance, Snapchat research says that ultra-short video spots are the most successful.
• Mainstream marketers report that Facebook is still one of the preferred digital platforms to reach millennial consumers. Runners-up include Snapchat and Instagram.
• Digital research from multiple investigators says that marketers can use Twitter to reach about half of millennial consumers but message delivery must be fast. The average user spends less time on Twitter than other social media platforms.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- 6 Habits Before Bedtime We Must Adopt To Be Successful - February 24, 2017
- LRS 066: On Traveling, Personal Growth and Why I Choose to Spend The Next 5 Weeks in Thailand - February 24, 2017
- 6 Tips to Writing a Successful Life Plan in 5 Easy Steps - February 22, 2017