This is a guest post by Julian, who writes for TrainingInTheBay.com, a site that showcase’s companies in the Tampa Bay area that are dedicated to helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.”
This popular saying holds the truth as breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you want a productive and energetic day, make sure that your breakfast is a Nutrisystem diet.
In as much as we would like to sit and enjoy a hearty breakfast, most of us are pressed of time that we can barely manage to have a healthy breakfast. Don’t sacrifice your health just because of your busy schedule. Below are great breakfast ideas that are perfect for persons who are always on the go.
1. Peanut butter, banana and chia seed toast.
Whilst PBJ is a classic breakfast food for many, peanut butter, banana and chia seed toast is a great alternative breakfast. This is perfect for those that have a busy day ahead as it takes only a few minutes to prepare. The combination of peanut butter and banana is an explosion in your mouth. Chia seeds are a bonus addition to this recipe as they are full of omega 3 and omega 6 and high in protein.
To prepare, simply toast the bread and spread numerous amount of peanut butter over the top of your toasted bread. Then place the sliced banana over the peanut butter and sprinkle some chia seeds. You can add a small amount of honey for a sweeter taste.
Not only is this food so easy and quick to prepare, it will help you fill up and gives you the boost and energy that you need for the day.
2. Berry and yogurt smoothie.
This is the perfect on the go breakfast as it is packed with protein to help you feel full throughout the day. This is also great for those that are watching their calories and want to lose some extra pounds.
- Raspberries and blackberries
- Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
To create the smoothie, simply combine all the ingredients in the blender until it becomes thick and smooth.
This can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and voila! A healthy and vitamin-packed breakfast.
3. Quinoa Fruit Salad.
Don’t have an hour to prepare your breakfast?
No sweat! This quinoa fruit salad will only take less than 10 minutes to prepare. It’s packed with protein and so nutritious, plus it’s a perfect refreshment to keep you cool during the summer.
You will need:
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Chopped mint leaves to be used for garnishing
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and sugar in a bowl then set aside.
- Combine the quinoa, strawberries, mango, pine nuts and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir in a lemon vinaigrette.
As simple as that, you can have a mouth-watering breakfast packed with nutrients.
4. Savory Oatmeal with an Egg.
This study found that those who eat oatmeal felt fuller for hours and had a suppressed appetite compared to those who are cereals.
The popularity of oatmeal for breakfast has created a lot of various recipes created. Create a new twist to your plain oatmeal by adding a soft-cooked egg and shredded cheddar cheese.
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Ground pepper and coarse salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion greens
- Bring one cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the oats and a pinch of salt and simmer until tender. Meanwhile, cook the egg in a small nonstick pan for about 3 minutes or until the white is set and yolk is still runny. Season it with pepper and salt. Serve the oatmeal in a bowl topped with egg, cheese and scallion greens.
These superfoods are not only very easy and quick to prepare, they are also packed with the nutrients and vitamins that you need to meet the demands of your busy day. Never leave your house without having one of these recipes for your breakfast every day.