Welcome to episode 100 of the Let’s Reach Success Podcast. Thanks for joining me for this milestone.
Although podcasting still takes a significant chunk of time of my week, it’s now part of my content creation process and I enjoy it, so won’t be leaving it behind any time soon.
Today I wanna talk about another big milestone. That of Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, and officially the richest person in the world.
Usually, Bill Gates is on top of the list of billionaires. But Bezos passed him just recently, 27th of October, when Amazon’s earnings report went out and there was a 13,5% stock increase.
While the first position may not be permanent depending on what else is going on, there’s a lot to learn from the way Bezos does business and how he got started with Amazon – which now accounts for 43% of all online sales.
How Jeff Bezos became the richest person in the world, for a second time:
- Facts from the early life of Jeff Bezos [1:36]
- How Amazon started and expanded [3:13]
- How Bezos’ net worth increased overnight due to Amazon shares [5:46]
- Why he decided to buy the Washington post without any experience in the news business [7:23]
- What Bezos improved in The Post, letting it surpass The New York Times in the US [8:54]
- Jeff Bezos
- Amazon stats
- The Washington Post
- List of the world’s billionaires [real time]
- Bezos Overtakes Gates
- Bezos reached net worth of $94,6 billion
- Article on Inc
- Post on Forbes
- Purchasing the Washington Post
- How the newspaper has changed since then
Listen to Jeff Bezos’ story on YouTube:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.