This is episode 53 of the Let’s Reach Success podcast and the topic today is learning skills – why this matters, what we do wrong, and what it takes to actually master a skill in any area of life.
I’m a big believer in human potential, and also that with enough work and focus you can learn how to do anything. If you make it your priority and are strategic, you can master it. From then on, the possibilities are endless.
Our whole life is a learning process. Unfortunately, some people are limited either by formal education, that basically makes you stop learning anything new after school, or think we are born with some talents, and that’s as far as we can get.
Well, that’s not the truth.
There are millions of people out there who’ve achieved a lot in a field only because they took a conscious decision to enter it, learn everything about it, and practice, practice, practice.
I love hearing about people’s transformations due to being tired of living a mediocre life and wanting to improve. It all starts with not being satisfied with who you are or your current lifestyle. Then the pain of not changing is bigger than the discomfort of actually taking actions every day to get out of your comfort zone and do things better.
That’s how progress comes. And learning skills is a big part of that.
Even if you don’t master it, or don’t plan on making it your career, it still affects you more than you think, changes your perspective, and helps you build some personal qualities and good habits that you can apply to anything else you do.
I’ll now make a few things about skill learning clear, and, hopefully, change your mind and make you believe that you can learn anything you put your mind to.
- A few key things to know about learning skills [2:16]
- What it takes to master a skill [3:00]
- What we do wrong when working on new skills [4:16]
- How experts become good at something [5:50]
- Why being okay at something doesn’t mean much and what to do about it [7:36]
- Getting paid to do what you love
- You Can Do Anything if You Stop Trying to Do Everything
- Oliver Emberton
- Learning to code
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
What’s your take on learning skills and what are the things you’re good at?
What level are you at? And what are you doing to level up?
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- 6 Habits Before Bedtime We Must Adopt To Be Successful - February 24, 2017
- LRS 066: On Traveling, Personal Growth and Why I Choose to Spend The Next 5 Weeks in Thailand - February 24, 2017
- 6 Tips to Writing a Successful Life Plan in 5 Easy Steps - February 22, 2017