An injury can be acquired in every form of accident, whether it is a minor injury that needs a simple treatment or a major injury that often needs some medical attention.
One of the most threatening injuries that a person can acquire from an accident is having an injury in the brain.
Having a brain injury is actually a serious matter and you need to pay more attention to it.
A brain injury is an injury to a person’s brain can be acquired from vehicular accidents, a personal accident like slipping from the floor or falling down from a high location.
Types of Brain Injury
There are many types of injury that a person can get from accidents and here are some of them.
1. Traumatic Brain Injury
This type of injury can result in physical. Cognitive, social, emotional, behavioral symptoms.
A traumatic brain injury or TBI can also cause a person to become permanently disabled or worst, death. This is acquired if a person falls, from vehicle collisions and from violence.
This is one of the most common types of brain trauma that a person can acquire. This is usually caused by a direct damage to the head, a gunshot, shaking violently, or some force coming from a whiplash injury.
This happens when something that is sharp enters the brain and can cause a wide damaged area.
The most common situation for this type of injury is when a bullet enters your brain.
How to Recover from a Brain Injury
Recovering from a brain injury can be a difficult stage. This is with both the person who had suffered from brain injury and of course from those people who care for them.
A person who has suffered from a brain injury can occur some physical and emotional changes that they need to deal with.
Here are some hacks that you can do for you to recover from the injury faster.
Hack #1: Talk to A Doctor
You should go and talk to a doctor and talk about the rehabilitation program.
Keep in mind that the first three months are the most essential when you are recovering from a brain injury.
You can also ask a doctor for some rehabilitation goals. On doing the goals that are set by your doctor, you have to perform all these under their supervision.
Hack #2: Eat Healthy and Nutritious Food
Once that you are on the stage of recovering from a brain injury, then you will need to have several types of nutrients and food.
You can consult your doctor as to which food can benefit from your recovery process.
Here are some of the most recommended supplement ingredient that you should take.
• Omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fishes and eggs.
• Vitamin 3D which found in eggs, fortified milk, and fish.
• Fish Oil
• Vitamin B that is found in meat milk, fortifies cereals and eggs.
• Calcium that is found in cheese, broccoli, orange, and of course milk.
• Probiotics that is found in yogurt, kombucha and dark chocolates.
These are some of the most common nutrients and food that you should be taking once you are recovering from the injury.
However, if you have a difficult time in swallowing your food then you can also consult your doctor and ask them the food that is safe to eat.
Hack #3: Catch Up with Memory Problems
Those who have suffered from a brain injury can have difficulty memorizing and learning new things.
The best thing that a person who suffers brain injury is to list everything down.
• Track all your appointments
• List down medications and store them in a place where you can easily see them.
• You can also label down cupboards inside your house for you to remember where you are going to put certain things.
• Make it a habit to carry your address and an emergency phone number with you every time you go out of the house.
Hack #4: Make Your Own Daily Routine
Doing this will help you minimize the confusion that you have in your mind. You can do the following to be able to do this goal.
• Make a regular schedule
• Schedule your very own daily activity. Put this list in a place where you can easily find it.
• Take a route from your house to your work or school and back to your house again.
Hack #5: Lessen Distraction and Stress
For those people who suffered from a brain injury, they may have a hard time focusing. This can go a for a long time.
Because of this, people who are dealing with a brain injury can become stressed. This, in turn, can lead to losing their concentration.
Here are some tips for you to avoid this kind of situation.
• Make sure that you do one thing at a time. This is because doing this can enhance your ability to focus and lessen the confusion.
• Try to lessen distractions. This will also let you work effectively.
Hack #6: Monitor Your Move
Try to check the things that you are doing. Try to ask yourself some questions like:
• If you were able to understand everything in an important conversation.
• If you were able to write down some details.
• If you were able to do what you need to do.
Hack #7: Open Up to Other People
Make your friends and your co-workers know that you are actually recovering from a brain injury.
Doing this will make the people around you support and help you. There will come a time that you might be too emotional and this attitude will not be a good fit.
If this is the case, then you have re-learn how you can control these emotions. You can do this by trying to do the following.
• Know your physical symptoms when you are feeling emotional.
• Try to learn how you can show anger and frustration in the proper situation. You can do this by writing your anger down or telling it to someone.
• Try to talk about the insecurities that you have.
Read also: How to Deal with Difficult Coworkers
Hack #8: Continue Your Relationship with Your Doctor
Make sure that you regularly work with your doctor and your family. If you do this, then you will be able to continue doing your normal activity.
Having a brain injury is will definitely affect a person’s life, both emotionally and physically. And if the cause of a person’s brain injury is by an accident or from another person and you want to seek some compensation.
The best thing to do in this kind of situation is to get some help from a brain injury attorney. There are several brain injury attorney Los Angeles, that you can seek help about how you can get compensated for the damage