Networking is something I’ve just started to cover on the blog, read and think about, and do with my life. I know it’s a key component of every self-employed person’s life, or anyone interested in getting familiar with their industry, forming connections with the right people, learning things, and just getting out there where the opportunities are many.
In today’s episode of the Let’s Reach Success Podcast I’ll talk about the importance of networking and why it’s worth setting this as your one and only business goal for 2017.
And to make the episode more valuable and practical, I’ll include the tips and life lessons of 2 legends. That’s Tim Ferriss, as an innovator, bestselling author, world-class entrepreneur, investor, and the person behind one of the top blogs and podcasts on the topics of human potential and business growth.
The other one is one of the fathers of modern technology – Steve Jobs.
So, let’s see why you should invest time in building networking skills, becoming a better communicator and going to events in your niche that include speakers and owners of profitable businesses who can’t wait to share their wisdom with you and even meet you afterwards.
- Some tips on how to make the most of your first networking event [1:41]
- 5 things to never do at an event (plus, how people pitch Tim Ferriss even in the bathroom) [4:30]
- Two entrepreneurs that succeeded by focusing on product development instead of networking in the beginning [6:59]
- What made Steve Jobs a genius of relationship building [8:48]
- How he made the most of his time in the Silicon Valley [10:46]
- Tim Ferriss
- Steve Jobs
- Benefits of networking
- Common networking mistakes [Business Insider article]
- No-Nonsense Networking [FoundrMag article]
- Mark Zuckerberg
- The early days of Facebook
- Steve Wozniak
- What Steve Jobs Can Teach Us About Networking
- The spiritual side of Steve Jobs and how it affected his vision for design
- Inside Apple: How America’s Most Admired–And Secretive–Company Really Works [book]
- Ben’s blog post on Steve Jobs and network intelligence
- Sillicon Valley
- Drew Houston
- Scott Forstall
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.