The Law of Expectation is one of the most powerful laws in the universe. And it’s always in motion. But here’s what you can do to make it work for you, not against you.
We’re our own fortune tellers.
Whatever we expect, becomes our reality.
When you talk about what may happen, are imagining or believing it with confidence, you’re defining your future.
In many of my posts I write about letting go of expectations. And yes, I’m against them. As people tend to expect too much and that causes disappointment, they start creating their own versions of how people must behave and how events should turn, and eventually start living in their own fantasy.
So if you can, stop expecting, and start accepting.
But until then, try to at least make expectations work in your favor.
The Law of expectation is always working. Here’s how it’s explained here:
“Erickson’s Law of Expectation simply states that 85% of what you expect to happen … Will.
He also states that it doesn’t play favorites, so it doesn’t matter if you are expecting negative or positive things to happen – The Law of Expectation stays true.
And you can’t cheat the Law of Expectation. You can’t cheat by just wishing an expectation, like, I expect to win the lottery. You see, that’s a wish, not a real expectation.
A real expectation is tied into your Belief System.”
This, together with the Law of attraction, vibration, correspondence and habits, is one of the most powerful laws in the universe. And is always working.
So let’s do something in order to benefit from that.
Expectations, when believed in strongly enough, positive and big enough to unleash your full potential, can bring you tremendous results.
They are an unbelievably effective tool that can help you reach success and live your ideal lifestyle.
But first, you’ll need to define it.
You need to know exactly what you want, in details, so that you can focus your thoughts only on that vision, and never let them be negative.
In order to do that, you’ll need to gather all your dreams, goals, wishes, values, important stuff from your current life, loved ones, activities you enjoy, things you’d change, etc., and turn that into one big picture, describing how you want your future lifestyle to look like.
Here are the things you need to think about:
• Where do you want to live? Is it the same country/city? Apartment/house? How does it look?
• How much money do you want to make? What will you be spending it on?
• What do you want to work? And how many hours? Do you want to be your own boss?
And how much effort are you willing to invest in that?
• How do you want to spend your free time?
• What new habits do you want to have, and what bad ones would you like to break?
• How do you want to spend your days? Make a daily schedule, starting with the morning routine, including all the activities you’d do during the day.
• What new things do you want to have in your life? People, events, hobbies?
And which of the stuff that are currently in your life would you eliminate?
• How many times, and for how long, do you want to travel each year?
Where do you want to go?
• How do you want to look? Do you wish for a better body, new style, or else?
• What would you have less of? Worries, stress, junk food, belongings, daily tasks, complaints, negative thoughts, health problems, toxic people?
And what do you need to do in order to achieve that?
• How do you want to behave in this future version of your life? Maybe you’d like to be more confident, outgoing and open-minded.
Answering these questions can help you get an idea of what you really desire in life.
But don’t lose yourself in fantasies.
All these things are absolutely achievable. But you can’t do it without taking action. And, as we know, one step a day is all it takes.
You need to be laser-focused, willing to dedicate time, energy and efforts to achieve that lifestyle.
Only then will you deserve it, and be able to handle all the benefits and responsibilities that go with it.
So write down how your perfect life looks like. Develop that strong mindset all successful people have, and whenever you catch yourself being negative, having doubts, complaining, worrying, or else, just go back to that vision.
And never stop believing. You don’t need anyone else to believe in the answers of these questions, only yourself.
So get out there and make the Law of Expectation work for you.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- 6 Habits Before Bedtime We Must Adopt To Be Successful - February 24, 2017
- LRS 066: On Traveling, Personal Growth and Why I Choose to Spend The Next 5 Weeks in Thailand - February 24, 2017
- 6 Tips to Writing a Successful Life Plan in 5 Easy Steps - February 22, 2017