Want to learn how to rank higher on Google? There’s no sure formula for SEO success. Ranking better on Google takes a lot of effort, and it starts by knowing the best tactics.
For bloggers, your content only gets noticed if your web pages are highly visible on search results, so you must find effective ways to boost your SEO.
Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to an actionable process of optimizing content, so it aligns with search engine guidelines using relevant keywords and authority links.
It’s possible to make $50,000 yearly just by blogging from the comforts of your home. To make this possible, it’s important to keep your SEO intact. It might be a gradual and slow process, but the benefits are very rewarding.
Continue reading below to know how to make your blog rank higher by implementing effective SEO strategies so that you can attain and maintain long-term revenue.
How to Rank Higher on Google
1. Make Your Blog Easy to Digest
It’s essential to have readable and easy-to-understand blog content.
While it’s crucial to do in-depth keyword research and implement effective link building strategies, your sentences shouldn’t appear awkward in the paragraph when read and keywords should not be stuffed.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to make a digestible content:
- Use several subheadings that make sense. Subheadings are like mini titles of a blog or article. Using subheadings prevents boredom or a too-long-looking and boring blog.
- Write short sentences and paragraphs so your visitors can easily get your point and avoid stressful read time.
- Avoid using jargon, such as rarely heard medical terms, scientific names, and complex technical concepts.
2. Create More Valuable Content
People go online to search for information or answers to their queries. It’s one effective way to validate if one is dealing with a legitimate business or confirm if a product is effective and worth the money.
By creating more valuable content to your readers, your blog site becomes a trusted source of credible information. Also, when you have high-quality content, the higher the chances of acquiring more visitors to avail of what you have to offer at the end of the day.
Check out these tips on how to create more valuable content for your blog:
- Adding More Personalized Images: Make sure that your uploaded images are unique. It’s a good idea to use professionally photographed pictures instead of buying and using stock images that already exist and overly used by other websites.
Don’t forget to work on your alt description or alt tag so your images become SEO optimized or searchable by search engines.
- Include Helpful Tips or Tutorials: You can use your high-end smartphone camera to take videos, such as showing a step-by-step process for a relevant topic (e.g., How to Upload Posts in Facebook) aligned with your content, people’s emotions, or people in action.
3. Create Search Engine-Friendly Content
SEO doesn’t involve inserting keywords anywhere you like. You need to optimize your content by placing the right keywords in the right places if you want to know how to rank higher on Google.
By doing so, you’ll make your blog content more searchable by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
Here are some ways to make your content more search engine friendly:
- Put Keyword on the Title Tag: Your title tag is a vital on-page SEO factor that provides a huge bearing to Google when ranking your blog. Grab every opportunity to start every title tag with a target keyword.
- Include Keyword in Your URL: Make your blog URL simple and short by using hyphens to separate the words. One way to make your URL SEO friendly is including a target keyword, so online users and search engines can easily understand your web page topic.
- Add External and Internal Links: Outbound or external links (links to or from other websites) tell search engines what your website is all about and that your page is an excellent hub of free-flowing information.
On the other hand, internal links (links within one web page to another on your website) send page authority to important web pages.
More actions that will help you rank higher on Google
- Meta Tags: Write compelling meta titles and descriptions that include keywords. These tags appear in search engine results and can significantly impact click-through rates.
- Internal Linking: Include internal links within your blog posts to direct readers to related content on your site. This helps improve user experience and keeps visitors on your site longer.
- Page Speed: Improve your website’s loading speed as slow websites can lead to higher bounce rates and lower search rankings.
- Local SEO: If your blog has a local focus, optimize for local search by including location-specific keywords and creating a Google My Business profile.
- Voice Search: Consider voice search optimization as more users are using voice-activated devices to search for information.
- Technical SEO: Address technical aspects like sitemaps, schema markup, and robots.txt to help search engines index your content properly.
Blogging is challenging if you’re unsure what to do in order to make your web content more valuable to your reader and more optimizable to search engines.
While you should write for your visitors, taking SEO into consideration is crucial to a more successful web presence, so more people get to discover and explore your website.
Making your blog content easy to understand prevents visitors from leaving your website and find answers somewhere else, thus retaining more potential customers to avail of what you have to offer.
That’s how to rank higher on Google. What other tips have you found helpful?