Life lessons can be found anywhere. Especially in the experience and knowledge of those who we call successful. These are the individuals who’ve made it, have achieved their goals in life and now teach others how to succeed. Tony Robbins is one such person.
He’s making a statement with everything he’s done in his life, and the best we can do is take the lesson and try to have an impact on the world in our own way.
Let’s see what he can teach us with the way he lives and thinks:
1. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
We make decisions at any moment of the day. Good or bad, it’s important to make a choice and take action upon it.
Some people, however, hesitate, overthink, prefer not to do anything and let things be. That means living a passive life, without having any control on the outcome, and never reaching a better place or becoming a better person.
What we should do about decisions though, is to build the habit of making one quickly, and then working with what we have.
2. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
Goals, goals, goals.
When set right, when we’re focused on them till we achieve that vision, anything becomes possible.
What people do wrong, though, is that they fear setting big goals, they don’t break them down into smaller steps so that each can feel effortless, they don’t make a solid plan, don’t keep their vision in mind daily, and don’t make these dreams specific enough.
One of the main topics discussed on most Tony Robbins events is setting and reaching goals. Tony knows how to inspire with his words, by telling his stories, and by talking with such determination that any one of us believes we’re only a decision away from the ideal lifestyle.
3. Take control of your consistent emotions and begin to consciously and deliberately reshape your daily experience of life.
All successful people talk about the importance of creating the ideal, most productive day for us, and stay true to it as often as we can in the week, month, and – ultimately – year.
That happens by first eliminating the elements about our days and life that aren’t helping us get ahead, and then building discipline by developing the right habits, in small, consistent steps. These habits then shape our future and destiny.
4. It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.
Tony Robbins’ life is all about giving. He started from nothing, but has changed the lives of millions of people, not just with his books, seminars and speeches, but also with the money he’s gathered over the years and the companies he’s started that help people from the Third World.
We are wrongly assuming we should ask life for what more it can give us, when the answer is to first ask ourselves how we can start giving.
5. I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.
Failure isn’t a bad thing, it’s a must on the way to success. Tony knew that from day one, and had to overcome countless challenges and defeats, to find the will to try again, until eventually everything he wants works somehow.
With every failure, we learn, grow, change for the better, gain experience and knowledge, and can do better next time. So don’t be afraid to fail. In fact, look forward to that.
What other life lessons have you learned from Tony Robbins?
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- How to Make Effective Business Decisions as a Manager - August 23, 2017
- How Dental Care and Success in Business Are Closely Related - August 23, 2017
- 6 Tips for Maintaining Your Health as a Business Professional - August 23, 2017