Mirror affirmations are a great way to change your way of thinking, develop a strong mindset, stay focused on your goals, believe in your abilities and get motivated to achieve more.
To make their effect even more powerful, you can say them out loud in the mirror.
You might be wondering what the mirror has to do with all this. That’s the so-called mirror technique (here’s a short guide on how to do it exactly for maximum results).
Mirror work (exercises and practices like that which involve using a mirror) can be very transformational. Practicing with your mirror makes you look, sound and feel more confident.
Also, your affirmations get to your subconscious mind more quickly if you’re looking at yourself in the mirror. That’s the ultimate goal as the sooner they are in your subconsciousness, the sooner you’ll actually believe what you’re saying and will start taking action from that place.
New empowering beliefs lead to similar thoughts, feelings and actions. But you can’t expect your outer reality to change if you haven’t done the inner work.
For best results you can say positive mirror affirmations in the morning as part of your morning ritual, and before you go to bed.
It’s really important to focus on the feeling the affirmation evokes in you. Maybe you’ve had a negative belief about something since you can remember. Saying the opposite using an affirmation isn’t strong enough to change your mind about it. So you’ll have to give it time and to focus on the sensations in your body when you’re saying this.
Mirror work involves somatic work – using your body to transform your life. There are stuck emotions and energy in your body and your goal here is to help energy move freely through you. You can transmute it and turn negative into positive.
So when saying an affirmation in the mirror, do it slowly, repeat it as many times as necessary, be present in your body and truly feel what you’re saying.
Now you know what to do, how to do it and when. And to prepare even better, here are 20 great examples of things to say in the mirror that will improve your confidence and motivation and increase your desire to change.
Mirror Affirmations for Confidence and Success
1. Today is going to be a wonderful day.
2. It will be filled with joy and contentment.
3. I choose to spend it the best way possible and make each moment count.
4. I believe in myself and my abilities. I’m capable of much more than I imagine.
5. The only limitations are the ones in my mind.
6. I have the power to take control over my feelings and actions.
7. My thoughts are positive and bring only good people and circumstances to me.
8. I welcome the day with love, gratitude and peace.
9. Today is another chance to be a better person, get closer to my dreams and enjoy life to the fullest.
10. I don’t let other people discourage me or make me feel bad.
11. I’m the master of my mind and I choose to focus it on the positive things around me, the great people, powerful lessons and countless opportunities.
12. I have all it takes to change and be happy and successful.
13. I enter the day with determination.
14. I am filled with hope and never lose it no matter what.
15. I deserve to be contented and choose to live my life as an optimist.
16. I share my happy thoughts with others and give them a reason to smile.
17. Today is going to be a day I’ll remember because I’ll make it meaningful.
18. I’m going to take the best decisions and move forward.
19. Facing this day and its challenges will make me stronger and help me learn and grow.
20. I let go of all negative thoughts, regrets for the past, fears, worries about the future, judgment, comparison and doubt. And I let in freedom, peace and joy.
These sentences aren’t something you don’t already know.
But do you have the habit of constantly reminding yourself of them? Probably not.
That’s why I wrote this post. To encourage everyone to use affirmations as a way of developing a successful mindset and finding the focus and motivation to get what they want.
Have you tried this method? What do you think about it? And what other mirror affirmations would you add?