Talking to yourself in the mirror is the foundation of the mirror technique – a confidence building exercise that many successful people use.
And it works. Standing in front of a mirror, looking at your reflection, using body language and saying stuff helps you increase confidence.
But what should we say to ourselves?
Here are some self-esteem affirmations that have helped me believe in myself more with nothing more than a self-talk and a mirror. And they can do the same for you.
Talking to Yourself in The Mirror: Things to Say Daily to Build Confidence
1. Every day I get more and more confident in myself and my abilities.
2. I feel comfortable in my skin.
3. I accept myself for who I am.
4. I don’t seek attention and approval.
5. I am confident in what life has planned for me.
6. I like what I see in the mirror.
7. I have control over my mind and my life.
8. I’m good at many things.
9. I’m outgoing and communicative.
10. Each day it gets easier for me to do things with confidence.
11. I have the knowledge and competence to do what I want with my life and achieve a lot.
12. I’m proud of who I am.
13. I’m doing great things with my life.
14. People feel good around me, they want to be in my company.
15. My voice sounds confident.
16. I naturally appear and feel confident in every situation I face daily.
17. I radiate confidence.
18. Whatever I want, I can get it.
19. I don’t feel intimidated by other people.
20. Being the best I can be is a top priority for me.
Believe it or not, just saying a positive statement or a few like these in the mirror every day can change your life in the long term.
That’s the power of the technique I’m talking about in my book The Mirror Technique: How to Build Self-Confidence with One Powerful Exercise. And simply standing in front of a mirror, talking to yourself, is how you become the confident person you’re meant to be.